Corpocrat Blog

I Love Free Software

SociableBlog.com : Social Media Blog

Resource Nation Small Business Articles & Advice

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Want to catch people stealing your website content? Use an RSS honeypot

Want to catch people stealing your website content? Use an RSS honeypot: "Heck, if people want to quote an entire article from me, then supplement it with their own original reporting and/or commentary, I probably wouldn't mind. It's the automated copying and reposting of content that really bothers me. So a while back, I decided to do something: I programmed the script that generates the RSS feed of my articles on ThemeParkInsider.com to append a line to end of each RSS feed article entry:"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Facebook

Live Traffic Feed