Corpocrat Blog

I Love Free Software

SociableBlog.com : Social Media Blog

Resource Nation Small Business Articles & Advice

Sunday, March 4, 2012

WordPress: Enabling SSH/SFTP Updates | Snowulf

WordPress: Enabling SSH/SFTP Updates | Snowulf: "(which turned out to be Varnish proxy related) and get it standing mostly on its own two feet. One of “minor annoyances” I ran into then and absolutely had to figure out during my migration, was the lack of SSH or SFTP based updates. By default when you go into add or update the plugins (or the software itself) you have only two options FTP and FTPS (SSL). I run neither of these, FTP is majorly old and very insecure. FTPS is just not common. I thought I was stuck doing things manually, until I found out…. You can enable SSH2 based updates in WordPress. Better yet, it is SUPER easy."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside Facebook

Live Traffic Feed