Corpocrat Blog

I Love Free Software

SociableBlog.com : Social Media Blog

Resource Nation Small Business Articles & Advice

Friday, October 28, 2011

Lessons From the Cockpit: Everyday Wisdom from the Flying Life - Lessons - Live Your Future Now

Lessons From the Cockpit: Everyday Wisdom from the Flying Life - Lessons - Live Your Future Now: "If you suddenly found yourself with enough money so you no longer had to work, what would you do with your time? When I ask that question to a variety of people, most answers are not exotic. People say they would:

Read
Write
Hike
Camp
Spend more time outdoors
Work in the garden
Exercise
Spend time with friends
I’ve yet to hear anyone say they would:

Eat more
Watch more television
Surf the internet more
The question is great because the answers always remind me that most of the things we all want for ourselves, are simple activities we can have now. Yet so many defer them until they “have enough money” or “have more time.”

I’m not sure how many of us will ever “have enough money” or “have more time.” That’s why it’s important to recognize how much we defer living, waiting for a future that may never come. What do you dream of doing one day? How can you do it now instead of waiting?"

'via Blog this'

1 comment:

  1. I tried to Buzz this yet it did not work...? I think if you asked my Teenage daughter this question she probably would say:

    Watch more television
    Surf the internet more....

    Its an honest answer.

    ReplyDelete

Inside Facebook

Live Traffic Feed